Monday, August 19, 2013

NYX Haul

While browsing my personal mecca (aka Ulta) they were running their buy one get one half off sale.  While there I splurged on a few new items: The "it" list natural lip gloss set, the natural shadow palette, the gel liner & smudger, and a new powder blush.  

Let me start with the natural eye palette.  This set comes with six colors in various neutral shades varying from matte to shimmer shades.  Starting from the left the lightest ivory shade is matte, the next shade is shimmery gold, a matte coral, a satin beige and taupe, and a dark matte chocolate brown. I have now used this palette two different times and I am loving the the versatility of this set.  I can totally use this set to make a very natural look and then add more of darker shades for more of an evening look.  









(With flash)

(Natural lighting)

I then grabbed the "it" list natural lip gloss set- I was apparently in a "natural" mood.  You will see swatches of this set below.  I am still getting used to the matte coral shade (shown on the far right)- I think that I am just so used to my lip colors being shiny that the matte throws me off a bit but otherwise I like these colors.  




I then grabbed the NYX gel liner and smudger in dark brown.  I just did a quick smudge with my finger and then using my MAC slanted liner brush swiped a line to show what it might look like when using this liner on your upper lid.  You could really use this gel liner as an awesome base for a smokey eye or if you are good with a liner brush, make some awesome looks on your upper lid.  This liner also took some serious scrubbing to get it off my hand so I have a feeling that with a primer this will really have some staying power!
  

I then grabbed another powder blush in Dessert Rose.  This color I think is going to look good on many skin tones and I am really excited to try it out. 

 
(natural lighting)                                            (with flash)

(Natural lighting)

No comments:

Post a Comment