Saturday, April 20, 2013

Band Prom

So this afternoon I saw on Facebook that my sister in law had to chaperone the prom for her band and was on her way to get her hair done.  I offered to run over with my train case and do her makeup for the evening.  When I arrived she had just gotten home after getting her hair done.  Let me just say it wasn't good....to make matters worse, she paid a lot of money for her faux-hawk, bun thing (I really should have taken a picture of it so that you could see how bad it truly was!).   We quickly took out the cornrows, gave the hair (that was braided) a twist and then I attempted to get her hair back in a bun.    I have to say, only being able to work with a few bobby pins, it wasn't bad!  I then got to work on her makeup.   I decided to go with a smoky eye but then added some Milani glitter over her shadow for some sparkle. My sister in law then found some crazy glitter lashes that she had in her makeup drawer.  After gluing those into place and adding some MAC Russian Red to her lips, she was finished. 





 I then worked on my niece's hair and makeup.  I loved her long hair just down but she wanted some of it up so we decided to do pull the font back with a part and then twist the hair and pin it into place.  For her makeup I started out a little more natural- a little concealer, blush, and a soft smokey eye.  She then wanted her eyes a little deeper so I continued to add come color and blend.  I then finished off with a mauve lip liner and a pink MAC gloss (with hints of purple and blue)I have to say I am thrilled with the outcome!




 





No comments:

Post a Comment